Songbird from RevGalBlogPals posted this week's Friday Five:
Dante had Virgil as a guide. Before he had younger siblings, my oldest child had an imaginary friend named Patrick. Betsy had Tacy. Laura Ingalls depended on her brindle bulldog, Jack.
All of them were companions on the way. As we take the beginning steps of our journey through Lent, who would we take as a companion? Name five people, real or imaginary, you might like to have with you as guide or guardian or simply good friend.
This one is not too hard for me...
1. God/Jesus/Holy Spirit: The Trinity... Who live in me anyway so I might as well confess it! But not the stern, "smack - you - from - heaven" kind. More like the "Creator - who - loves - creation" God... My embracing, encouraging, exhorting, "get - going - and - serve" Holy Spirit... My "lay - your - life - down" Savior... Which is why I love this picture!
2. My Beloved Bearded Spouse... 20 years in April... Need I say more?
3. My sweet kids. I learn more from you than I teach you, many days.
4. My friends and sisters of the heart... (you know who you are...) We've laughed together. Worried together. Cried together. Lived life on this planet together. Can't imagine moving forward without you!
5. The people who have shaped me in my past, and many of whom are an important part of my present... because I would not have journeyed this far without them... parents... sibs... bosses (even the ones that made me crazy)... old roommates... ex-boyfriends (even the ones that hurt me)... church families (healthy and extremely, EXTREMELY sick ones)... professors and students...
"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end." [Ursula LeGuin]Thanks, friends...