Friday, July 03, 2009

Friday Five: It's all about the Look

(disclaimer: this is not my closet... but I can dream of being that organized...)
Sally of RevGals writes:

In readiness for my move in 6 weeks time I spent almost all of yesterday morning sorting through my wardrobe -- closet, I am so British :-) -- marveling at how I had accumulated so much stuff! The result is three large sacks full of clothes to be given away. Some came into the category of " what was I thinking", some too big now ( at last), and others I will never shrink into again. Some are going simply because I want to streamline my wardrobe.
So how about you:

1. Are you a hoarder, or are you good at sorting and clearing? In my family, I would be perceived as a "good" sorter (because I do.) However, there's a lot of stuff that I should and have not sorted. I run out of steam and give up. Now, when I am "on the wagon" with FlyLady, I do a better job. I need to get back with her again!

2. What is the oddest garment you possess and why?
Probably it is the collection of clothes for Christian mime. Several of them make my teen daughters shudder.

3. Do you have a favourite look/ colour?
pajama pants and a Tshirt... oh - you mean that I would let anyone besides family see me in? Blue.
4. Thrift/ Charity shops, love them or hate them?
I use them carefully - and I've gotten some great clothing there!

5. Money is no object, what one item would you buy?
Some more professional looking suits. I would also hire out Peace Bang to be my personal advisor and shopper. Combined with her expertise for correct professional wear, and Reedy Girl's eye for color and style, I would be perfectly dressed!!

And now I am feeling guilty about reading and working on my sermon in the hammock... should I go clean out a closet???

Naahhhhhhhhhh!

Deb

5 comments:

Sally said...

Peace Bang would have a fit if she saw my closet, greatplay, enjoy the hammock!

altar ego said...

Hammock and guilt do not belong in the same sentence together. And you're working on your sermon there? I bow. Enjoy it!

Barbara B. said...

I'm trying to visualize the Christian mime clothes...

Deb said...

OK, all guilt is assuaged.;)

Barbara - you wondered about the Christian mime clothes? Well, there's a old beaded baggy "formal" dress, long white gloves and hat-with-veil that I wear when I'm "The Church Lady." There's a large tie-dyed and tacky glued-on felt flowers shirt that I wear when I'm a "Disciple" (because Jesus was a hippie? whatever.) And there's just wild, crazy, torn jeans with patches and rainbow suspenders...

I should def. wear one of those ensembles to the mall to shop for back-to-school with my kids. Would make my girls SOoooo deliriously happy!!! LOL

Deb

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

lol...we rock the same pj look. I prefer to call them yoga pants.