Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Poetry Challenge:

Christine at Abbey of the Arts writes:

Welcome to our Poetry Party No. 5. These are posted every other Monday. I select an image and suggest a title and invite you to respond with your poems, words, reflections, quotes, song lyrics, etc. Leave them in the comments and I’ll add them to the body of the post as they come in along with a link back to your blog if you have one (not required to participate!) I’ll add your contributions all week and then I will draw a name on Friday again from everyone who participates and send the winner a copy of Praying With the Elements.

Feel free to post the poem along with my image below on your blog with a link back to this post. Invite your readers to come join the party too. Community poetry is wonderful!




Under God's wings
rest, little one, rest
you are safe
you are loved
you are sheltered
I shall find rest
dream, little one, dream
fly high
fly free
fly strong
Until I shall land
homeward fly
see my love
beckoning
beaconing
calling
In a nest of love and peace.


Deb Vaughn
October, 2007

2 comments:

seethroughfaith said...

eagles' flight
soaring
all seeing
regal

eagles' home
high up in the eerie
isolated
unapproachable
safe

until

eaglets' flight
hesitant
unwilling
forced out into freedom
plummets
until caught
by the unseen thermal

eagles' dotage
feathers and skin flying
ripping out of the old

... time taken ...

for healing

suddenly
freedom of flight

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

Both of these are lovely, thanks.