Thursday, August 31, 2006

dishes and laundry

Try as I might, I can't seem to pass the obligation of chores that are SUPPOSED to be done to someone else. If they don't get done, I feel like a nag until the person who was asked to do them does! If I do them myself, I feel like a martyr. We're not talking rocket science here -- dirty pots and pans, a crumb-covered counter and grease on the stove. Laundry that is all over the floor in the laundry room, and some of it even pre-sorted!

Will it kill me to see grease and dirty underwear pile up? No... but it will be hard for me to study guilt-free. I still have hours of class work to do!!

In the back of my mind, there's a guilt loop playing about all of the chores that are being neglected. Some artifical "Good Housekeeping" standard is being violated! I need to stay ON TASK and study!!! Get thee behind me, Mr. Clean!

And where's that magic wand when I need one?

sigh...

From our (messy) home to yours (probably cleaner...)

Deb

4 comments:

Sarah said...

It's times like these when you really wish the world were like that of the Burrow in Harry Potter. Mrs. Weasley flicks her wand and things start knitting, stirring, cooking, and tidying up all by themselves. Sigh...if it were only so easy. :)

Ruth said...

This made me smile! I linked it from my blog.

Unknown said...

Mine is only cleaner through the ministrations of a professional!
Welcome to RevGalBlogPals!!

Di said...

Been there. Still there sometimes. No advice, just commiseration.