Sunday, December 31, 2006

Dreams

Dreams
Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird

That cannot fly.


Hold fast to dreams

For when dreams go

Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.
[Langston Hughes]

The end of one year... the start of the next.

Hard to believe that the year has flown by. Changes abound in my personal life, in our family's adventures, and in the ways that God uses and speaks to us. I had some goals that I dreamed might come to pass. And they did. Then there were things I dreamed I might do. And they fell by the wayside. I'm not about to list them all out here. (I mean I could, but who would care, unless they had insomnia and needed something to put them to sleep??)

I've been pondering the reasons why things have happened as they did, and the means that changed or fulfilled these dreams over the last year. There's no real pattern. Most of them were "good" ideas, many of them were just things I wanted to do or experience. I wrote in my journal a year ago:
"Lord, there's so much that I am thinking and dreaming and planning. Please let everything happen in Your Time, in Your Space. I don't want to be disappointed, or go off in the wrong direction... but I'd also like to think that this year counts for something."

I think it has 'counted for something' -- I pray it has... I believe God's promise to us as a people. He has great things ahead. And He has hard times too. But He will be in them all...

"In the Last Days," God says, "I will pour out my Spirit on every kind of people: Your sons will prophesy, also your daughters; Your young men will see visions, your old men dream dreams. When the time comes, I'll pour out my Spirit On those who serve me, men and women both, and they'll prophesy." [Acts 2:17-18, The Message]

May you keep dreaming God's "big picture" dreams for your life... (you can't go wrong that way!)

From our home to yours...
Deb

No comments: