Saturday, February 10, 2007

connections

Or lack thereof...

I don't understand the reasons why I can have DSL working fine, but have no phone service... If it's physics please don't explain it to me. I'll just chalk it up to earthly knowledge that I don't really need. Or to Verizon and their continually bad website design and phone messaging service and no way to find out whassup.

Two papers to work on, dinner for the fam and maybe, just MAYBE I will get to play tomorrow if I work hard today.

It doesn't stop me from wondering if just maybe there's a deep philosophical meaning in phone and DSL connectivity and connections with God... but I can't go there...

NO NO NO!!! NOT LISTENING!!!

back to work...
Deb

2 comments:

Cathy said...

do you feel better now???

Sometimes all this high fallutin technology can get the best of us!

Reverend Dona Quixote said...

My DH explained why that is possible to me once ... but I forgot. And it is physics ... so we won't ask her. She can talk for hours about this type of thing. And has. I'm so glad she's a social worker now.

Suffice it to say that voice and data, although they are carried on the same physical wire, have different requirements. The requirements for data are being met, the requirements for voice are not.