Wednesday, June 10, 2009

If you haven't failed...

This week has been hellish. Two situations in particular have been really hard.

One situation I handled with love and grace; the other is still slapping me around... Both because I am diligently, at times belligerently, pursuing God's Call on my life. As a mentor, pastor and friend once said, "If you can do anything else... go do it. If you can't, you know God's Call."

I am fortunate to have an amazing group of friends, family, and professors. They don't say things to encourage me because they "like" me -- they say them to remind me of God's hold on my life, to refine how I use God's gifts. In spite of their love and encouragement, occasionally I listen to "other" voices.

They distract.
Accuse.
Demean.
And their words hurt.

And I wonder... who am I? Why do I do this???

Then a friend posted this video and I cried...



And afterwards I found a video that always touches my Spirit...



I'm thankful for struggles, for successes, and especially... for failures.

And I'm not deterred from where God has called me.

Deb

1 comment: