Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday Five: Child's Play Edition

KathrynZJ of RevGals writes:

While traveling with my 4 year old we were both pleased to find a HUGE indoor playground. Now he can maneuver himself around those things no problem but I have found myself at the top level of what amounts to a glorified hamster tube more than once either rescuing an article of clothing or The Boy himself. There was a small part of me saddened to find that I no longer had the convenient excuse to be a kid and go up in the playground, but mostly my aging knees and back were quite happy to skip the experience.

Maybe you are better at it than me, but my first-born, responsible demeanor rarely lets up enough for me to do frivolous silly things – like playing on playgrounds – without a good reason. My friend will stand up in a crowded restaurant and serenade me with an operatic rendition of Happy Birthday. My sister is very good at grabbing the joy in the moment. I seem to need a child to bring it out in me and even then… it takes a lot.

Today’s Friday Five celebrates the spontaneous child in all of us… or at least the one that we admire in someone else:

1) On a scale of 1-5, with 5 being I can’t do this now I am about to jump into a pit of plastic balls at the mini-mall and 1 being I can’t do this now until I can get all of the fonts on my blog to match – where are you?
Well, a "5" in my mind, but a "2" in reality since I'm still getting over whatever virus/bacteria decided to lay me flat this week. I'm pretty silly a lot of the time. (Hence, this picture...)

2) What is the silliest/most childlike thing you have done as an adult? Probably flamingo-ing my sister's yard one Christmas. It was memorable!

3) Any regrets?
Nope. We still talk about it.

4) What is the silliest thing you have ever seen another adult do on purpose?
Well, you see, I do Christian mime, so I've seen and done a LOT in this regard.

5) What is something you wish you did when you had the chance?
Waterski? Hanglide? Ride a mechanical bull? No clue really. I haven't done any of those things, and I'm a pretty happy person. :)

BONUS: For our ‘I told you so’ sides – what thing did you skip doing and you’re really glad you did!
This one is EASY. All of those "throw-up machines" at the County Fair or Boardwalk that people begged and begged me to ride, I refused, and they barfed afterwards. Still ain't happenin'...

Deb

P.S. Here's a moment of silliness with Reedy Girl and The Harpist when we were on Spring Break. Salvaged a rainy day by shopping and trying on all KINDS of hats. Tres chic, non?

No comments: