Saturday, August 01, 2009

Daily Blog Meme: Alphabetic Gratitude

I got this idea from MomPriest who learned of it from AltarEgo: Blog every day, going through the alphabet, listing things you are grateful for... It's the beginning of a new month, so it's a great time to play. Join me! It doesn't have to be long, doesn't have to be on the first of the month... just blog!

Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. (Col. 3:16)
HERE we go!!!

APPLES
Obvious. Sorry. I do love a fresh, crisp, unwaxed, warmed-from-the-sun apple. One that's tart on the tongue, and explodes with juice when I crunch it. A freshly-picked apple brings back memories of my grandparents' apple tree...


ASTHMA
OK. I guess that sounds weird. But when I can breathe freely after one of the spells I'm having now, I remember how my daily breath is from God. And that God's creative Breath in the world is a constant reminder of joy and hope and peace.

A-LIST Friends
You know who you are... who have listened, prayed, encouraged and challenged. Love you tons.

ART
I love good art. Photography. Landscapes. Sculpture. Prints. I'm grateful for artistic geniuses in this world.

AYES
I like positive people. Upbeat people. People who are ready to face life, not sit and whine about it. (I can do that fine without help!) I guess ATTITUDES of a positive nature make a huge difference in my life.

ALES
Specifically, the kind that my beloved makes in his homebrews. It may not make for great race relations progress at the White House, but I love the quiet end to a day with my favorite brewer.

AUNTS
My family has been large, extended and caring. My parents made an effort to keep us in touch with our grandparents, aunts and uncles. It gives roots and wings. I'm grateful for all of them.

AMBITION
I believe I was born with it, but I have met enough people in this world to know that not everyone has it. So I'm grateful for the pound of ambition God worked into my personality from the get-go.

AUTHORS
No way can I list all of the formational authors in my life. There's lots.

ASPIRATIONS
I got 'em. And I will continue to pursue them. Langston Hughes said, "Hold fast to your dreams, for without them life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly. "

Feel free to join me in this exercise...

Deb

1 comment:

Terri said...

An excellent "A" list! Glad you've joined the meme'rs