Friday, August 28, 2009

R is for...

R is for....

Reading! There's a shocker. I was raised by book-oholics. I married a book-oholic (and a librarian to boot!) And, we are raising book-oholics. Right now on my non-textbook reading list is a short "biography" of the life of St. Brigid. Since I love to wear her cross, I figured I needed to learn more about her life. I'm also reading through the Jane Austen novels this year. And there's always a partly-read stack of something near the bed. Textbooks don't count as "reading"...

Relaxing... I don't do it enough. But I made time for it this summer, even with my full schedule, to enjoy family time and to "do nothing". For my birthday, the Bearded Brewer got a hammock stand for our family hammock. I actually listened to MP3s of Church History lectures while rocking away an afternoon. You know, if you have to listen to recorded lectures, they might as well be in a comfy place!!

Really good friends... The kind of friends that see past the casual answer and ask the next layer of questions. The kind who don't judge or give pat responses to the struggles I have. And the kind who believe in what I see as God's vision for my life. I am blessed. Truly.

Time to move on with my day...

Deb

No comments: