Monday, August 03, 2009

Alphabetic Gratitude Blog continues... with C!

Too many hours of Sesame Street, because today only could be brought to you by THIS...


Cats... yes. We're cat people. Three at the moment. Cats remind me to relax, stretch and show appreciation for the Hand that cares for me. And there's nothing like purrs of appreciation...


Clutter... Strange one. I guess I don't love it, but it reminds me that all of my needs and really, most of the "wants" in my life have been met. So I try to remember how much I have to give, and not keep receiving.

CJ... one terrific 14 year old. You continually amaze me with all that you do, and your compassion for others. Love you!


Camera... It's a lens to the world that captures moments of beauty, laughter, and adventure. And every now and then, throws a new perspective on how God works through these stop-action moments. After a month without my camera (the lens was being repaired) I am ready for more photography!

Cell phone... It's a cell phone! It's a camera! It's a calendar! It's an iPod! WOOT! Love my new smart phone! Ever since I had to walk home 3 miles because I had no purse, no money and no gas, I have been grateful for my cell phone. It's a blessing and a curse, but I have learned that I can turn it OFF so that if I don't want to be "found" then I am not.

Coffee... must have... coffee... and... Chocolate... mmmmm..... chocolate. Need I say more?

Call... I didn't imagine 10 years ago I'd be in divinity school, or be back in the field of church-related work. But that nagging Call that I experienced in my 20s had never gone away. God is incredibly patient, working through and in spite of my fears and questions, and pulled me back into the place where I am supposed to be. You just know when you know... if you know what I mean!

Onward!

Deb

2 comments:

Terri said...

Coffee, Call, and Cell phones go hand in hand...sigh...

Tricia said...

Despite the call-out to cookie monster, you didn't include cookies in your list?? C is for cookie, and that's good enough for me! :^)