Tuesday, August 25, 2009

P is for...

P is for...



PROGENY!
We have two healthy, bright, caring daughters. They truly are a joy and a blessing. The Harpist (who will be known as "The Johnnie" tomorrow onward) is enjoying her last day pre-college. Reedy Girl spent the summer as a C.I.T. (counselor-in-training) and vegging before her first day of high school.


Packing...
Boxes. Suitcases. Laundry Basket. Survival foods (Ramen noodles, Microwave popcorn, protein bars...) It's finally happening. Our first-born is headed to college tomorrow, (St. John's College of Annapolis). It's a happy, bittersweet, amazing moment. Hard to believe that the toddler who invented words to explain what she saw is now headed to begin studying towards an eventual graduate degree in linguistics.

Polgara...
The Grand Dame of our feline world. She truly IS "The Duchess Who Outranks Everyone." Just ask her! (Oh yes... she blogs, too, though not as much as the chatty youngsters.) We do love our kitties! Polgara, like all of our cats, is a rescue kitty. Her mama had her litter in a dumpster, and our vet rescued the babies. Polgara and her sister (who has since gotten her golden whiskers) came to live with us in May of 1997. We won't discuss her age, as that would be indelicate, but you can do the math...


Prayer...
Intercessory. Contemplative. Scripture. Music. Art. Healing. Blessing. And all the other kinds of prayer I am forgetting... I don't spend enough time in full awareness of the closeness of God.

Piano...
Time to get back into my school year habit of playing my piano. I confess I play when every one leaves the house these days because I am so rusty...

Praise...
Kinda goes with the last two, but I find I can focus on the things that matter if I keep my

Perspective
and stay

Positive
about what is going on in the world, in my life, with my family and friends. It is easy to get angry, bitter and callous. My natural tendency is to be positive, but not in a stupid Pollyanna way. Life does suck sometimes. But God is in the middle of it. And that is the balance that I strive to keep.

Peace out...

Deb

2 comments:

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Okay, I'm in. Finally deciding to do this, but I'll start in Sept. :-) Blessings as you gear up for another Fall!

Terri said...

Perfect!