Friday, April 09, 2010

Friday Five: On the Road Again Edition

Sophia from RevGals writes:



My family is heading out to my husband's parents for the weekend later today. They would have preferred that we come at Easter, but I preferred that my choir director not bring my life to an early end! (Five liturgies to sing between Thursday and Sunday, two with major solos). So Low Sunday it is. 


Some Gals and Pals may have been able to travel to join family or visit a vacation spot last week; some who had to stay put then may be traveling this weekend; and, if I recall correctly, some lucky ones are heading out to the Big Event next weekend. Hence: a road trip Friday Five.


1. When was your last, or will be your next, out of town travel?
OUR LAST TRIP: We just got back from a short trip to western Pennsylvania to see the Frank Lloyd Wright houses, Fallingwater and Kentuck Knob. Here's pictures from both...

(Fallingwater: photos of house not allowed... God's architecture, however, is OK.)

(back terrace of Kentuck Knob)

(Youghiogheny River - Falls in Ohiopyle State Park)

(Flowering trees... heralding spring.)


(Breakfast area at the B&B where we stayed -- Hartzell House)

OUR NEXT TRIP:  When I graduate!!!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!

2. Long car trips: love or loathe?
While there are good things that can come from them (a captive audience for a good conversation, for instance), I am not a fan. They are a necessity when airfare prices are so extravagant!

3. Do you prefer to be driver or passenger?
Driver.

4. If passenger, would you rather pass the time with handwork, conversing, reading, listening to music, or ???
Usually conversation and music... I get carsick too easily!

5. Are you going, or have you ever gone, on a RevGals BE? Happiest memories of the former, and/or most anticipated pleasures of the latter?
Haven't made  B.E. yet... but hope to some day.

6. Bonus: a favorite piece of road trip music.
I confess to loving classical music. Especially Vivaldi!

4 comments:

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

Lovely pictures--and perfect seasonal music!

altar ego said...

Great pictures! I would love to visit those FLW places one day. I, too, enjoy classical music in the car. I need to get some CD's burned for that (in the interim we have a wonderful Jessye Norman collection).

Terri said...

Beautiful photos and sounds like a wonderful spring trip...

Mary Beth said...

Girl, you and me at the next BE!

Yeahhhh!

I love the trip and the pictures. I am praying for you as you prepare for graduation. It really is coming, SOON!