Monday, April 12, 2010

It's the little things...

This weekend a little neighbor left this bouquet on our front doorstep. I found it as we were doing some afternoon chores. We don't know which child left it for us to find, but it touched my heart. The detail, the variety, the care taken to tie it carefully with a small piece of twine. It was a sweet reminder of the beauty seen in another's eyes.

It truly is the "little things" that remind me of God's work in my life.

...a reminder that though our girls are past the dandelion-gathering stage, that we can still have an impact on the kids on our street.

...a reminder of the fragile beauty of life.

...a reminder of the variety and intricate detail that God paints into every leaf, tree and flower of Creation.

...a reminder that every day, every moment, God calls me to remember the care and love that is showered my way.

Ginny Owens wrote a simple prayer of dedication and remembrance... it's how I'm starting my day today.





How does doubt slip in, so silently?
And why does condemnation come so naturally?
Why do I still get the best of me?
Loving so little and living so selfishly?

When all I want to do, is give this life to You.
All I want to do is give this life to You.
All I want to do is give this life to You,
and let Your will be done 'til it's all I want to do.

And what have I been given by Your grace?
Will I come to understand this mystery I embrace?
Make of me a new creation now,
Fill me with all you are and be all I am some how.

'Cuz all I want to do is give this life to You.
All I want to do is give this life to You.
All I want to do is give this life to You
And let Your will be done, 'til it's all I want to do.

Faith so fragile
Reaching for Your hand

All I want to do, is give this life to You
All I want to do, is give this life to You
All I want to do, is give this life to You
And let Your will be done, until it's all I want to do.

No comments: