Sunday, August 09, 2009

The after midnight edition of IIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii..... should be in bed. But I'm not. So let's blog a little, shall we???


Ice cream... Graeter's to be specific. Nom. smulch. yom. drool... Unfortunately, I need to be blessed with it a little less.

Ice cubes... Ok, just travel in Europe and drink luke-warm coke. Trust me. A blessing.

Inhalers... Yes, I am tired of sucking down micro-particles. But I am rather fond of breathing. How many people in the past died because they did not get the treatment they needed to live healthily with asthma? Probably far too many. SO - - because my next breath is clear and non-wheezy, and because I think maybe, finally!!! I have licked whatever bug knocked me low, thank you God for inhalers!!!

Introspection... It was an important skill to learn, being the extrovert type. But, as I've gotten better at it, I can honestly say I am glad that I have grown a wee bit in the last couple years. Taking the time to stop, pray, listen and respond to God has helped me in so many areas of my life.

Intercession... I remember specific instances where knowing someone was praying for me made the difference in coping with a difficult time. When my dad was terminally ill, there were people praying for me. There was this sense of a physical burden being removed from my shoulders, and being taken by 'someone' else. I have never forgotten that. When God wakes me up (or keeps me up) I search my mind for who I could pray for. And then I do. A blessing.

Intelligence... There are days I could use more of it. But I know that I have been given the ability to think and reason and respond to the ideas and life events around me.

Interdependence... There are several people that I have found are those "strong tower" people in my world. I lean on them. They lean on me. We kinda prop each other up, you know? And in those special relationships, where God is the third strand? Wow. Pretty amazing.

Ideas... I am an outside-the-box thinker. Big time. (Just thought I would be Captain Obvious in case you hadn't caught on to that one...) I like to explore and try new concepts. It's what keeps me fresh and positive.

And on that note - I will try the "new concept" of sleep. Maybe...

Deb

1 comment:

Terri said...

Intersting, these "I's"...sorry you couldn't sleep. hope you got some...