Monday, November 30, 2009

Advent Thoughts...

It seems to me that one of the biggest blessings and promises contained within the coming of Christ is comfort.

Not "comfort" like my fluffy slippers or my wuzzly bathrobe and favorite coffee mug... though my family will tell you I do enjoy them.

"Comfort" in the sense of someone who is worn, spent, hurting and in need of measures of grace -- that place of desolation and pain where you need consoling and restoring.

And God alone does that.

So when this song played on my "shuffle" mode this afternoon, I thought it completely Providential...

Clear words of comfort -- to God's tired, worn-down, sometimes rebellious, often confused, hurting, wondering, wandering, hoping, forgetful, longing, struggling, believing, but most of all HOPING people.

And that would definitely describe me...

God is so good...





No comments: