Friday, November 06, 2009

Friday Five: What's New? Edition

Songbird writes:

There's a new baby on my street, a double PK whose Mom and Dad are Methodist pastors and church planters. I'm hoping to go over and meet her today. I love new babies, the way they smell and their sweet little fingers and toes. Little K has me thinking about all the new things that please us with their shiny freshness.

Please share with us five things you like *especially* when they are new.

1. Kittens. Reverend Mommy's pictures of kittens by Princess are SOooooo cute!

2. Cars. That new car feel and new car smell. But I don't much care for the new car payments...

3. Spring buds. The days before the leaves, flowers and bushes just burst open with color. After a drab, grey winter... I love it.

4. A pie, fresh from the oven. Specifically, a fruit pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream melting over the top. (Getcha drooling???)

5. Clean sheets on the bed. Unlike my college student days, I do change them every week! I love the smell and feel of fresh, clean sheets.


Probably I've left something out... chime in with your comments...

Deb

7 comments:

Auntie Knickers said...

Great play, and I agree with all your choices. (But have not personally experienced a new car since I lived at home with my parents -- I don't think it's in our future either.)

Anonymous said...

Warm pie... as a bedtime snack... and then into the freshly made bed... my idea of a fun Sat morning!

realsarah said...

*Homer Simpson drooly sound* Piiiiieeeeee......

zorra said...

I'm with you on all of the above! Hmmm...might have to make a pie this weekend...

Unknown said...

A fresh bed is sooo inviting! Great play!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I LOVE clean sheets on the bed!

angela said...

I need to add all yours to mine. Love those kitties too. Fresh sheets--makes me want to change mine every week, but I sometimes forget. Or lose track of time should I say.