Monday, November 16, 2009

Just give me Jesus...



I am walking this journey by faith, not by sight. I can give you all the platitudes you want, but the simple reality is that I am and will continue to be hanging on by prayer, and taking extra time to process, pray and hear God's voice.

So on a day when I needed encouragement and uplifting, there's a beautiful sun-streaming morning. When I looked out the back door into our yard, it seemed to be an "I love you" reminder from God, fresh from His fingertips... I set down my coffee mug, stepped out onto the patio and snapped this, and listened to the cardinals and carolina wrens singing their hearts out.

Wow.

God is so faithful...

Deb

P.S. As I was standing there in the chilly fall sunshine, this song came to mind... Give Me Jesus performed by Fernando Ortega

In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise, give me Jesus

Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus,
You can have all this world,
But give me Jesus

When I am alone
When I am alone
When I am alone, give me Jesus

Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus,
You can have all this world,
But give me Jesus

When I come to die
When I come to die
When I come to die, give me Jesus

Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus,
You can have all this world,
You can have all this world,
You can have all this world,
But give me Jesus

1 comment:

1-4 Grace said...

Beautiful.
I love wrens and have a painting of a Carolina Wren perched on a mailbox in my den. I can see it now