Thursday, April 27, 2006

Life really sucks now

... and all because we have a new vacuum. Wooo HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! SO thrilling! (not)

OK, so I don't have a life. I'm fine with that.

But anyway, we have carpets that have an inch less crud on them. Amazing! I think that ol' Hoover was in worse shape that we realized. I guess we should have known. When a vacuum is so fried that it overheats, starts to smoke and stink and sets off the fire alarm, you'd think we'd have figured that out.

ANYWAY... it's working. And the crud that has been left behind for who-knows-how-long is gone from the carpet. It's ALMOST a different color!! And wait - is that a pattern I see on it??

So it got me thinking. When I lose perspective, and I don't see the trouble I'm in (or the sin-crud piled high in my life) it really does take a CLEAN SWEEP to show the difference. The initiative has to be mine, though. God doesn't join pity parties, but He will wait until we turn and ask for help.

Psalm 25: 16-18
Turn to me and be gracious to me,
for I am lonely and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart have multiplied;

free me from my anguish.
Look upon my affliction and my distress

and take away all my sins.

Ah yes... He will do it every time.

From our home to yours...

Deb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So true- He is our loving Father and doesn't want to wack us over the head, but patiently waits for us to pay attention.

Hey - I love the new look and the photo!

DebD
trying to distinquish myself from you - I realized on your last post that it looked like you were talking to yourself, and I'm sure you *never* do that ;)