Thursday, November 08, 2007

Grace falling like rain...

I have a sense of God's love washing over me... in ways that I did not expect today. It's busy. It's almost so busy it's frantic. But love and peace are falling down on my head, in an almost overwhelming way...

Why is that? and why and I so surpised?? WHO is in charge?? I sense His love and blessing and am weeping...

  • Maybe it's because I am a few days away from departure and am feeling some (self-induced) performance pressure
  • Maybe it's because I am writing a sermon on "complaining" and I realize how much I do it myself... a case of preacher, heal thyself?
  • Maybe it's because I am receiving emails and letters full of love - - of excitement, joy and encouragement as I'm preparing to leave
  • Maybe it's the deadline extended on a paper that was supposed to be done and won't be
  • Maybe it's because God's grace flows when we look up and cry, "OH GOD, HELP!"

I am undone.
God is kind and loving and gracious.
And it is never earned... only given...

Not whining or complaining.
Just incredibly grateful...
Blessed....

and dang it, crying again.

Deb


Hallelujah, grace like rain falls down on me
Hallelujah, all my stains are washed away, washed away




----------------
Now playing: Todd Agnew - Grace Like Rain
via FoxyTunes

No comments: