Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Challenged by my cat

I have been tagged by one of our cats, Tiria. (I don't exactly know why I must do this, but she is threatening me with horrible things like midnight hairballs and yak in my slippers if I don't. So I am playing.)

Anyway, friends, it's time for THE MIDDLE NAME GAME!!

Here are the rules:

1. You have to post the rules before you give your answers.

2. You must list one fact about yourself beginning with each letter of your middle name. (If you don't have a middle name, use your maiden name or your mother's maiden name).

3. At the end of your blog post, you need to tag one person (or blogger of another species) for each letter of your middle name. (Be sure to leave them a comment telling them they've been tagged.)

My middle name is pretty cool: Grace. (Though I have to admit, as a kid, I hated it. Mostly because I was not graceful. I now understand the difference between being graceFUL and graceFILLED.) So here's my answers:

G is for Grateful. I was blessed with caring parents, a stable home growing up, everything I needed and most of my "wants." (But my parents never got me a horse. And really, Mom, it's OK.) I had opportunities to learn, to go places and see and do a variety of things, to get a college education. I was given cars -- more than one, in fact. And I married a guy who had many of the same set of blessings. We have two great kids and some pretty wonderful friends. NO, life ain't perfect... but it's good. It's ALL good.

R is for Reading. I love to read. I wish I could read stuff that I WANT to read!! Lately most of my reading has been books for my coursework. I am trying to read more stuff that doesn't require I answer questions, parse a Greek phrase or split theological hairs.

A is for Athletic. I'm not. The only sport I ever did decently in was volleyball. I like to swim, but I'm not a competitive swimmer.

C is for Camp Counselor. My first jobs were spent as a camp counselor. I did it all. The songs with silly motions. S'mores. Dealing with homesick kids. Creating "art" out of sticks, leaves and tempera paint. Hiking. Biking. Canoeing. Backpacking. Tying knots. Starting fires. Lashing. Macrame'. Teaching swimming lessons. It made me realize that I really, really did not want to be a teacher.

E is for Energetic. 'Tis true. I am.

OK, Now I tag...
Mindy
Abi
DebD
Mandy
Sarah

I hereby make no threats and I promise not to come yak in your slippers if you choose not to play... but I hope you will anyway. And, if I didn't tag you and you want to play -- please DO!

Deb

8 comments:

MrReRe said...

Fine. Don't tag me. Be that way. See if I care. Or not. Whatever. I'm breaking up with you.

Deb said...

Eh.
I figured your beloved would tag you. I didn't tag K either. So there. So get your answers ready. Your middle name is "Constantine" isn't it?

LOL...

d

Sarah said...

I have accepted your tag and have now posted on my blog! I hope I'm the Sarah that you tagged...if not...then I did it anyway! :)
Love!

Mandy said...

Oooh - project for today!

Er...I mean...after I do all my work...

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

LMAO @ Mr. rere

Tricia said...

but wait - weren't you a music teacher at one point? now I'm confused...

Deb said...

Yup. I was a music teacher. And I didn't really like it a whole lot (she said, putting as positive a spin on it as possible...)

d

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

LOL...I am working on mine.