Saturday, March 01, 2008

Resting... and yet not.

I knew this week's schedule would be draining. I am not even at the halfway point of a busy weekend and I am so tired and drained. But at the same time, I have a renewed sense of who I am, and what God wants of me.

Do I have huge neon signs saying "go ye this way..."

Oh no!!

But I am feeling comfort in God's Presence in my life. I am reminded that the time of "fallow ground" as Renita Weems calls it, is not "barren ground." My time of preparation is the time that I am blessed to have. Part of me is resting and doing "nothing" at all, while everything under the surface prepares to burst out in growth. And in the waiting... there is tiredness. And fears, sometimes. And many moments of anticipation and wonder. (I guess the best phrase that expresses it all is, "who... ME???")

It's scary. It's humbling. It's freeing and petrifying, all at the same time.

I can do nothing more than pour myself back into the Presence... and declare that all I am is God's. All of it.

So be it...

Deb



Into your hand
I commit again
all I am for You, Lord

You hold my world
in the Palm of Your Hand
and I'm yours forever

Jesus, I believe in you
Jesus, I belong to you
You're the reason that I live
the reason that I sing
with all I am

I'll walk with You
wherever You go
through tears and joy
I'll trust in You

And I will live
in all of Your ways and
Your promises forever..

I will worship
I will worship You forever

Words and Music by Reuben Morgan

No comments: