Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11 Memorials

A thoughtful collection of photos and memorials to commemorate the fifth anniversary of 9/11.

Lord God:

I do not have the ability to understand the human heart, or the reasons why we are led to act in evil ways towards each other. I only know that, in the depths of my heart, I would be totally lost without You.

I pray for those who grieve today, that they would find You as the source of all comfort and peace.

I pray for those who are angry today, that You will show them there is a better way than one of violence and aggression.

I pray for those who use the backdrop of pain as a platform for political posturing and accusations. I ask that You, who knows the hearts of each man and woman, reveal to us the reasons for their actions today.

I pray for the world You created, for the warfare and emnity to cease. I pray for You to come quickly, Lord Jesus.

Amen.


from our home to yours,

Deb

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen.

Sally said...

and amen

Anonymous said...

Welcome to RevGals! Glad you are here with us.

Melissa

Melissa said...

Amen and welcome to the ring (from a different Melissa)!