Friday, September 15, 2006

Friday Five: Brushes with Greatness

From revgalblogpals:

1. Tell us about a time you met someone famous.
I met Woody Hayes, the infamous Ohio State football coach. I was working out preparing for OSU marching band tryouts and he was driving by our asphalt practice field. He stopped to chat because he loved "The Band". Funny guy. Quoted General Patton and told us to "carry on".

2. Tell us about a celebrity you'd like to meet.
Umm.... Jesus? Wait - I WILL get to meet Him some day...

3. Tell us about someone great who's *not* famous that you think everyone oughta have a chance to meet.
My mom. Because she's amazing, wise, funny and doesn't put up with any B.S.

4. Do you have any autographs of famous people?
Nope. Unless you count the photocopied "certificate" my kids got when they graduated from elementary school with "the President's signature" on it.

5. If you were to become famous, what would you want to become famous for?
My scintillating prose. [ROFL]

Bonus: Whose 15 minutes of fame was up long, long ago?
It's a tie: Michael Jackson and Madonna.

Not as exciting as many today, I'll bet...

From our home to yours...
Deb

2 comments:

Sara said...

Woody Hayes? I genuflect in your direction.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the ones whose fame was gone 15 minutes ago. And I would rather meet your mom than most famous people.