Thursday, April 19, 2007

It's Gonna Be Alright

Are there any words
to explain a tragedy?
Are there any ways
to offer comfort
beyond listening,
praying,
watching,
and waiting?

No.
I don't think so.

In the space of a groaning
too deep for words,
God comes to meet us...

In prayer for the students, staff and families of Virginia Tech...


It's gonna be alright.

I can tell by your eyes that you're not getting any sleep
And you try to rise above, feel you're sinking in too deep

Oh I believe that
It's gonna be alright.

I believe you'll outlive this pain in your heart
And you'll gain such a strength from what is tearing you apart...

When some time has passed us and the story can be told
It will mirror the strength in the courage of your soul

I believe....

I did not come here to offer you cliches
And I will not pretend to know of all your pain
Just when you cannot then I will hold out faith
For you...

[Sara Groves]

No comments: