Thursday, May 01, 2008

Poetry Party #17: Inner Compass

From Christine at Abbey of the Arts:

When I was in Maine I was struck by all of the weathervanes on top of buildings, something you don’t see as much in other parts of the country. I loved the image of finding the direction the Spirit is blowing within you. What would an interior weathervane or compass look like? Feel free to take your poem in any direction you feel moved, focus on one image or all of them.

Feel free to post any of the images and invitation on your blog and encourage others to come join the party!


Inner Compass

I turn not
because you push me
but because I want to move
and face the change.
I turn not
because you force me
but because it is time to embrace
new winds,
new power.
I turn.
And turn back.
And the Center?
I pivot on Christ.

Deb Vaughn
from An Unfinished Symphony

1 comment:

Abbey of the Arts said...

Thanks so much Deb, I really like the tension in this poem and the strong centered voice of the speaker.