Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Here's encouraging news...

As part of the "bubble" of "older" Americans (gee THANKS!) I find it invigorating that I am not obsolete. I have a voice and life experience that are needed. After being told (more than once) that I need to let "younger voices" speak, and being ignored in favor of younger (male) voices, I find that I have the God-given capacity to reach unchurched people who are in a lifestage past lattes and before Centrum Silver.

It's encouraging.
It's challenging.
It's why I'm still in seminary.
It's why my voice will not be silenced.
It's why I am losing patience with the last bastions of decision-makers who are not affirming of diversity in the Body of Christ.
It's why I am thinking I need to learn Spanish...

Read more about it HERE!

Deb

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a good idea to learn spanish. There are many ways to learn. I think you can learning online if you have a computer and internet. There are programs suited to a beginner learning Spanish online. There are also tutorials and live Spanish tutors online to coach those who need advanced training. All one needs to do is browse the internet and ask the right questions.
----------
learn spanish online