Thursday, November 27, 2008

Self-editing


Several of you have emailed and asked if I'm "OK" -- the answer is, I am very much OK! In fact, I am probably in a better frame of mind, with a more realistic view of life and mission and vocation.

There's a million things on my mind I'd love to write about... and they are at my heart of hearts. And they have other people wrapped up in the story, were I to tell it. I don't feel like I can write with honestly and clarity about it at the moment. Other people may write to embarrass or make an example of others. I just can't be, well... that cheesy. I have to self-edit.

Here's my life summary at the moment: God's grace abounds, my family is well. Life is a little crazy.

I am under the gun to get a church history paper done on "The Early Church and the Ordination of Women." So if you'd pray for a minor miracle to happen so that I can get that puppy written (still very much in the outline stage) I would appreciate it.

While you're praying... pray for me as I begin the work of planning and preaching on "Hope" on December 28th. Pray that I will offer God's Word for God's people. I can't ask for anything more than that...

And as for the rest. Ah. God knows about that too. And when I'm on the other side of it, I imagine it'll blog...

Happy Thanksgiving, friends...

Deb

No comments: