Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Dare I blog??

I was just cyberhopping to other RevGal blogs (like Cheesehead and GodGurrll and my usual blog-stalking places.) Cheesehead commented that she had been blogging less and less, getting caught up in other time sinkholes like Twitter and Facebook.

Yeah. Me too.

However, I also know that as I get closer and closer to graduation, interviews, and a "real" job, that I am sometimes hesitant to blog about the stuff that is on my heart. My blog is connected to my Facebook page and my LinkedIn account. What if people read my opinions and didn't like me and wouldn't hire me? It was a puzzle.

However, being a woman of strong opinions (gosh. really?) it seems to me that it would be better to be honest in cyberspace, if somewhat self-editing, rather than present such a disinfected view of who I am and what I'm thinking that I am hired for a spot where I do not really "fit." I've never been very good at pokerface anyway. At the same time, I would like to season my words with grace and love.

I'm trying to get in mode to blog for Advent, looking for a theme or a focus to wrap my posts around. I'm open to suggestions...

Deb

1 comment:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I am trying to get back into blogging but it is difficult.