Tuesday, January 02, 2007

my Hmmmmmmmmm File!

I commented on a RevGal blog that I had a "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...." file. And that has led to questions and comments from fellow RGBPs. SOooo what is it and where does it exist?

Well for starters, one day I was bored surfing and found this website! (You knew there just HAD to be a website somewhere!) My HMMMmmm's had nothing to do with that. But it cracked me up that someone has a website (and that they bought a domain name to do it??? hilarious!)

Mostly, I'm just collecting scribbles in a file folder. It's articles from magazines, pictures that grab my attention, and things that I hear or read in every day life. It's short vignettes and stories from my life or my family and friends (used with permission, of course...) It's the things that I think about trying to "answer" sometime, someday, somewhere if I ever get a chance to preach on them. Things like:

  • What that pesky "serpent head" passage means in Genesis 3 and 2 Corinthians 11
  • Does "baptizo" have to mean "immerse"?
  • That old "source" vs. "head" argument in Ephesians 5
  • Sin nature and children and salvation
  • Suicide and other "unforgiveable" sins
  • When does "salvation" actually occur in the life of the believer?
  • Roots and stumps and growth
  • Prayers, liturgies and forms that constrain or free me in worship
  • Songs, videos and movies
  • Scribbles about some books I've read with notes on what is making me stop and say "Hmmmmmmmmmmm...." as I read them.
  • Pictures and photos... like this one...

Nothing really very profound. Sorry. But just for you, Cheesehead, I've created a new post label!

"Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...."

From our home to yours...
Deb


6 comments:

1-4 Grace said...

LOL over Taylor Hicks comment. Makes folks wonder what i really do in here all day!

zorra said...

All of those things make me go hmmmmmmmmm. Except the "source" vs. "head" thing. I bought into the "source" thing long ago.
Anyway, happy new year, Deb!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmmmm

You may have started a new fad.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

QuakerPastor said...

Deb, Check my blog for some additions to your file!
QP

QuakerPastor said...

RE the kids... They came to me via an email entitled "What do you say?"
They're NOT mine, however my son could have likely done something like this. I HOPE we're beyond this--he's 14. However having experienced his adolescence thus far--there are some days I DO HOPE for this...AI YIIIII is right!!
GO BUCKS!

Jules said...

Love this!