Friday, September 07, 2007

The "Big Ten" - Updated!

It seems that nothing can be explained simply any more. At least, not and have it make sense with a new century's cultural filter in place. I have been reading several books which are post-modern in their thinking (Rob Bell's Velvet Elvis and Sex God among them.)

Curiously, his writing did not seem as far out to me as I had thought it would be.

Radical, yes. Implausible? No...

So with that in mind... when I read the following my first reaction was... Hmmm... makes sense!

Douglas Taylor-Weiss, once suggested a version of the Ten Commandments based on today's culture:

1. Have a good day.

2. Shop.

3. Eliminate pain.

4. Be up-to-date.

5. Relax.

6. Express yourself.

7. Have a happy family.

8. Be entertaining.

9. Be entertained.

10. Buy entertainment.


Yeah. That about says it all!
Deb

No comments: