Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday Five: Coin Toss Edition

Songbird from RevGalBlogPals writes:

Well, Gals and Pals, this weekend we'll be rendering unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and that has me thinking about coinage.

1) When was the last time you flipped a coin or even saw one flipped in person?

Probably a football game.

2) Do you have any foreign coins in your house? If so, where are they from?

Yes, I've got quite a few of Euro coinage. I am hanging on to them in hopes I get to go back some day. :)

3) A penny saved is a penny earned, they say. But let's get serious. Is there a special place in heaven for pennies, or do you think they'll find a special place in, well, the other place?

I think they will all be left behind actually, in the jar we've saved them in for a few years. Something for my children to deal with. Actually I think if everyone cashed in their pennies for paper currency the whole continent would rise about 6 inches. Just a theory...

4) How much did you get from the tooth fairy when you were a child? and if you have children of your own, do they get coins, or paper money? (I hear there may be some inflation.)

It was a shiny dime. My kids got Susan B. Anthony or Sacajawea dollar coins. Yes. Inflation sucks. But I did have my kids later than most...

5) Did anyone in your household collect the state quarters? And did anyone in your household manage to sustain the interest required to stick with it?

Well, we started to. Have the little books and everything. I guess we should pull them out and fill up the ones we don't have. Or use them to buy a quart of gasoline... (ha)

Peace -
Deb

3 comments:

Sally said...

love that penny jar theory- but where would all the pennies go???

Unknown said...

Maybe we could fire them into space?

Deb said...

Oh, I figured that the pennies would all be bought by foreign banks... didn't think about space.
LOL...

:)