Friday, October 10, 2008

Taking a walk...


My body is in rebellion. I'm reacting rather clearly to the flu vaccine I got yesterday morning. I was achy and in pain all night and most of the morning. Work? Homework? Feh. Who cares? My body made me rest.I can honestly say I don't want to do anything. And after I exert enough energy to type this? I'll probably take a nap.

It's amazing what 24 hours of forced rest can do for the mind. In fact... But because I am used to DOING not BEING a time of rest is a novelty. I couldn't shut my mind off, even if my body was reacting to the flu vaccine! I knew that there were "things" to do... but didn't really care. There was just no energy to do chores, work tasks, phone calls, emails, etc. I'm only starting to feel a little guilty.

So I took the mental image of the prayer labyrinth and wandered it. Thought of options, of choices, of changes, of promises. Wondered about direction. I have no answers, but I am content to be in that place of "know nothing." Without being fatalistic, I am comfortable with the twists and turns, the seeming double-backs that actually take me "higher up and further in" -- now more than ever.

And now? It's probably nap time...

Deb

No comments: