Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I BELIEVE...

I BELIEVE...
I am blessed to have a pretty amazing family.

I BELIEVE...
In the affirmation and encouragement of those who know and love God, and are committed to seeing me achieve my best.

I BELIEVE...
That the opposition I face is not a God-directed deterrent, but human-made interference with God's plans for my life.

I BELIEVE...
That there is a place to use my giftings and calling, and that God is not asking me to compromise my dreams and goals to be comfortable.

I BELIEVE...
That it is not what I DO, but what God DOES in spite of me.

I BELIEVE...
There are people who need a pastor who is a woman of God and who isn't afraid to be real.

I BELIEVE...
I am part of many men and women who will pastor "outside-the-box".

I BELIEVE...
That part of my calling is to tell the Adversary - "Don't mess with my sheep."

I BELIEVE...
that while there is no perfect church, there is a God who is.

I BELIEVE...
I am called to be a pastor for such a time as this.

peace-
Deb

[written for my spiritual formation notebook]

No comments: