Thursday, October 09, 2008

In the morning...

Satisfy us in the morning with Your steadfast love,
that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.
Make us glad for as many days as You have afflicted us,
and for as many years as we have seen evil.
Let your work be shown to Your servants,
and Your glorious power to their children.
Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us,
and establish the work of our hands upon us;
yes establish the work of our hands!
[Psalm 90:14-17]

This Psalm came to mind as I saw the morning sun sift through the needs on the evergreen outside my study window. The pairing of light and shade, sunlight and shadow reminded me of the duality of the circumstances I walk in every day...
...a citizen of two worlds
...a wife and a mom
...a student and a friend
...a woman and a pastor

Sometimes I forget as I start my day that the moments and the minutes ahead of me are given, directed and ordained by God. All of them. Even the ones that make me rejoice, cry, laugh, or hurt. The experiences that show God's power over all circumstances, even though the present picture is pretty bleak.

My prayer today as I hit the books yet again is that God would establish the work of my hands...

Deb

No comments: