Saturday, March 10, 2007

Friday Five: Matters of Taste


A day late and a brain cell or two short... (see next post)

From Songbird of RevGalBlogPals

My mother loved figs.
I only like them in a Newton.
It's all a matter of taste.

Name five things you like a lot that some close relative or significant other did/does not like. This could be food, movies, hobbies, music, sports or whatever springs to mind.
This one is not so hard. Even with a seminarian of very little brain...
  1. Liver and onions. And yes, I've tried them the way you are SURE I will like them. Do you even KNOW what the liver DOES in a mammal's body. I mean... EEEeeewwww!!
  2. Blood and Guts movies. Even Conan. (Sorry honey.)
  3. Philosophy. Especially graduate level classes thereof. (Sorry again, beloved... wish you could take the P of Religion class for me!!!)
  4. Avant-guard music like John Cage. You toucha my piano like that I breaka you face. (In Christian love, of course.)
  5. Lace. Especially on my clothes. And in particular, on my undergarments!! I am just not a lace-y kinda girl!!!
The last one is, possibly, TMI...

Deb

7 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Yep. with you on the liver, makes my eyes water to even think about it. It was required eating when we were growing up, once a month at least, because "it was good for us." GAK!

Rachel said...

Liver and onions = RUDE. Someday, some sweet sweet day, it will no longer appear on menus, nor be available at the grocer, for lack of demand. Praise be.

Anonymous said...

So these are things you like that your relatives don't? Or did I misunderstand the point??

My mom used to feel obligated to serve us liver every now and then - even though she didn't like it either!! She couldn't have used onions, though, my dad wouldn't allow them in the house (but that's another story). She had two different methods, and one was less unbearable than the other, but either way - ugh.

Deb said...

Nah, Tricia - They're things that others like and I DON'T. For whatever reason.

Besides, lace ITCHES!

:)

d

QuakerPastor said...

Lace also doesn't do well at OSU football games--I'm with ya on all counts!
QP

Anonymous said...

What I meant was, the original question said "Name five things you like a lot that some close relative or significant other did/does not like." So did I misunderstand what was asked, or did you decide to re-interpret it? No big deal, it's just that I was confused when I started reading your answers!

Deb said...

LOL
Yes, I had it backwards.
Oh well.

I plead dain bramage!
d