Monday, February 02, 2009

It's February... that means....

It's February! That means...
It's PANTIPALOOZA time!

No, this isn't an ad for Victoria's Secret. It's a way to get in on one woman's idea of love and care for other women in her community. It's the fourth year for this little event, started by my friend Mindy.

Here's what she writes about it...

"Palooza is simple. You are going to chose some woman, women or a women's group that can benefit from something you can donate or do and then...you DO it.

Remember....everyone can play and you can adapt the palooza to how you see fit. It is not restricted to just panties. In previous years it has included scarfs, shoes, diapers, toiletries and many other things. On my thankfulness list, I always list panties. They really are such a
blessing. Most of us have washers and dryers so we always have a fresh clean supply of panties. If not, most of us can hit the nearest Wally World and pick us up a pair! But, there are some women in our lives that do not have that option...that blessing. For some reason or other, life has been hard on them. Be it abuse, poverty, hurricanes or whatever....so it it up to us to make a difference!

One chance encounter with a woman and one phone call is what started it all. I called our local Crisis Center and talked to some of the counselors there. If you decide to do that, please remember that there may be some questions that they cannot answer due to confidentially laws. They told me, on average, how many women are at the safe house at any given time. I explained to them what I was sort of looking at doing. They explained to me that they get things donated such as shampoo and lotion but it is usually the generic stuff. They suggested body sprays or lotions that smell nice. I will put those things on my list to pick up. I am also donating...PANTIES!! They told me that they can always use panties at
the Shelter in all shapes and sizes. If not a shelter, other suggestions would be just asking around and finding one woman to zero in on.

This is a hard holiday for a lot of people for many different reasons. Singles, widows, divorcees and couples having problems would just be a place to start. You are all very creative people and I just know that you will find the perfect person to touch.What about the chick that always checks out your groceries? Why not hand her a gift certificate for a pedicure? A Valentine left on the windshield of a teacher that explains that, not only are they appreciated but WHY they are appreciated. A Sonic card, McDonald's certificates, an offer to baby sit for one evening, an oil change certificate.....Come on! Put on your thinking caps and let me know what you come up with!

The outpouring over the last few years has been wonderful! I took the
advice of one of the woman at the crisis center and am donating panties in my size...that way I am helping some woman that is a lot like me.

If you decide to participate, please leave me a comment!! I want to know how far this reaches. Also, feel free to steal the idea and put it on your blog.....only good can co
me of it!"

SO... that's it. I'm going to be a part of it.. how about you?

Deb

1 comment:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Thank you so very much for posting this on your blog!!

Love you!!