Saturday, February 07, 2009

Take the long way home...

Courtesy of atomsmasher.org/highway

It was bizarre... I do know how to get home from northern Maryland. But in my tiredness last night, I turned on the GPS and went on "autopilot" after a Chrysalis Gathering and party. And took the LONG way home (as in 90 minutes instead of the usual hour!) By the time I realized I had turned the wrong way, it would have added even more time to my drive. SO I just went with the twists and turns of northern Maryland, ending up north of Frederick and driving down I-270.

There's not many radio stations to choose from, so I ended up singing along with an oldies station playing Supertramp...

So you think youre a romeo

Playing a part in a picture-show
Take the long way home
Take the long way home...

When lonely days turn to lonely nights
You take a trip to the city lights
And take the long way home
Take the long way home

It would have been funny except that I was tired, had forgotten my iPod and my cell phone, and wanted to go to sleep!! And the next songs were other forgettable songs of the 70s and 80s.

Sometimes life is like that. You make a choice (or don't) and end up with more to muddle through than you planned.

I'm sure there's a million applications I could make with this... but right now, it's time to do my taxes. (Yeah. About that... The irony isn't lost on me, either!)

Deb

No comments: