Friday, May 04, 2007

Friday Five: It's My Party

Songbird at RevGalBlogPals writes:
I hate to say it, but over the years I've been to too many parties where I, or the birthday child, has felt much like the chorus of Lesley Gore's old tune. I am therefore not the biggest fan of birthday parties.

For this Friday (which happens to be my birthday), tell us these five things about parties, birthday or otherwise.

1) Would you rather be the host or the guest?
I don't mind being either.

2) When you are hosting, do you clean everything up the minute the guests go home? Will you accept help with the dishes?
Clean up "EVERYTHING"? No. Clean up enough so that there's room on the counter to fix breakfast, yes. And oh YES - help is always welcome.

3) If you had the wherewithal, and I guess I mean more than money, to throw a great theme party, what would the theme be?
A Hawaiian luau - in Hawaii, natch.

4) What's the worst time you ever had at a party?
When the guy I thought was my date was there to hook up with someone else.

5) And to end on a brighter note, what was the best?
This is actually most of the time - when I can look around, and see the faces of people that I love...

There's a party goin' on right here
A celebration to last throughout the years
So bring your good times, and your laughter too
We're gonna celebrate your party with you
CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES, C'MON!

Deb

6 comments:

Iris said...

Pooh on guy in #4!

Love the Kool & the Gang reference!

Sally said...

well played Deb- glad you got the paper in- still working on mine :-)
and as for 4- what a jerk!

DogBlogger said...

Good play! I think we've all met that jerk in #4 somewhere...

Unknown said...

So you had an experience right out of the song?

Deb said...

Yup. A great reason to forget that particular stage of life...
:P
d

Terri said...

After a month of interviews and crazy schedule I finally have some free time to catch up. Good to read your blog and where you are. I hope all the papers etc. are finished and you can breath too, and that the grades and comments from prof left you feeling good about yourself.