Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Just showed up

I LOVE this hat!!!
It's on my birthday wish list.
I LOVE that it's not pink and purty with a girlie script and flower power stuff all over it.

It's a WOMAN OF GOD thang.
A claimed one.
A Called one.
A scared-to-death-but-I'll-preach-it one.

I guess it speaks to me like this song -
One that makes me stand up and claim GOD'S CALL on my life.

Look out Church!!!
I've just SHOWED UP for my own life - HIS and Mine in lockstep!

Deb

There are so many ways to hide
There are so many ways not to feel
There are so many ways to deny what is real
And I just showed up for my own life
And I'm standing here taking it in and it sure looks bright!


From Sara Groves
Song: "Just Showed Up"
Album: Add to the Beauty (2005)

2 comments:

Sally said...

love that hat! great lyrics too...
Peace and blessings Deb :-)

Terri said...

Love it! Great hat and go for it!