Friday, July 06, 2007

Friday Five: Hasty Edition

ReverendMother of RevGals writes:

Whoops! I have been in a family-induced haze these few days, with the July 4 holiday and taking time off while relatives are visiting. So I literally lost track of what day it was!

So rather than make you guys wait even one minute longer for the five, I'll dig up an oldie:

Today, what are you:

1. Wearing
Capris, a tank top and a pair of happy bare feet!

2. Reading
FIRST - I am WAITING for the next HP book!!! But in the meantime, I am reading Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell (OK, so I am a month behind on RevGals reading!) and a smattering of (YAWN!!!) Church Administration textbooks. Slogging through Leviticus in my daily Bible chapters. Not to mention the odd "eh, THAT looks interesting" at the library...

3. Eating
Fresh strawberries and blueberries on my cereal this morning!

4. Doing
Getting ready for Reedy Girl's Birthday BBQ tonight! 7 friends are coming. We are having Chicks on a stick, chips and dips, chocolate cake and having fun with flip flops (decorating them!) Should be wild and fun to boot.

5. Pondering
The conservative Christian subculture. (See this post...)

Yeah. It's been a pot-stirring week. He he. "Mischief managed."

Deb


13 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Chicks on a stick...makes me think of Mindy's birds. Did you see them?

Cathy said...

We all know you are up to NO GOOD!! And you are 2 months behind on your reading now :) I mean -- what is important -- seminary studies or RGBP pleasure reading????

heeee -- I want me some decorated flip slops (typo, but I like it)

Lori said...

I can't wait for the next HP too! Though I'm afeared of who might be biting the bullet in this one.

Yeah, Leviticus is a slogger, isn't it?

Lookin' for berries to share. We ate all ours on the 4th.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

That is going to be a cool party! Decorating flip flops...we MUST have pics!!

Anonymous said...

I only just read Velvet Elvis. made me think :)

oh and what are Chicks on a stick? they sound intriguing ...

hope you have a fun party!

Sue said...

Mmmmm....berries.

Di said...

Decorating flip-flops?!? ("Mo-oooommm!! I wanna decorate flip-flops! How come Deb gets to and i don't?

Deb always gets to do fun stuff."

Unknown said...

You do a good job pondering it.

Terri said...

Oh, have a good time at the party!

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

from decorating flip flops all the way over to pondering the conservative christian subculture... jeepers I think you're ready for vacation!

Scott said...

What, no Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans for your cereal this morning?

Nice play - would love to see the flip flops

Sally said...

love the thought of those flip flops- what a great idea- have a wonderful time :-)

Diane M. Roth said...

lots of things to ponder...you certainly sound COMFORTABLE, though