Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday Five: Magician or Muggle.... or both?

Reverendmother of RevGals writes:

As you may have seen in this Wednesday's Festival, Pottermania has hit the RevGals---though not all of them. Yes, I am all over Harry like a Seeker on the Snitch, but I know there are others who will be ecstatic to see the July madness end.

So today's F5 is a Choose Your Own Adventure: do the magical version or the Muggle one, or both:

Option 1: Accio Friday Five!

1. Which Harry Potter book is your favorite and why?
OOoohhhh.... dear.... must I choose? Um. Probably Goblet of Fire because of the labyrinth, and just when you think you have it figured out... you don't.

2. Which character do you most resemble? Which character would you most like to get to know?
Well, on the weeks that papers are due I am probably most like Moaning Myrtle. But actually, I'm probably closer to Ron, gender excluded, of course. I'm a klutz, tend to get my caboose in trouble for opening my yap, and I stick by my friends... But I'd like to get a clone of the Whomping Willow... just to keep stray cats from my garden!

3. How careful are you about spoilers?

tell me tell me tell me!!!!!! I won't get to read the book until about 2 weeks after it is out... what are the chances I won't hear anything? So I am resigned to hearing spoilers anyway.


4. Make one prediction/share one hope about book 7.

Malfoy buys it. And Hermione is the one who does him in!


5. Rowling has said she's not planning any prequels or sequels, but are there characters or storylines (past or future) that you would like to see pursued?
Well, there's the other schools of magic that came to the Tri-Wizard Tournament... I am SURE that they are each worthy of a series (and their own evil nemeses...)



Option 2: The Muggle Version...


1. Former U.S. First Lady "Lady Bird" Johnson died this week. In honor of her love of the land and the environment, share your favorite flower or wildflower.

Columbines... some beauties are growing (finally) in my garden
this year.

2. A man flew almost 200 miles in a lawn chair, held aloft by helium balloons. Share something zany you'd like to try someday.
I could be a Missus Smarty Pants and say "finish seminary" but... I love horses. I can't afford to even ride regularly.
I've always want to be someone who does barrel racing. Just don't make me sing Country. Please? PLEASE? I beg you....

3. Do you have an iPhone? If not, would you want one? no and nope.


4. Speaking of which, Blendtec Blenders put an iPhone in one of their super-duper blenders as part of their "Will It Blend?" series. What would YOU like to see ground up, whizzed up or otherwise pulverized in a blender?
Since it would be rude to say "You-know-who-Hilton" I guess I would dearly love to put the cellphones of those who talk (or text) on their cellphones in a restaurant or theatre, or (dare I say it??) in church!!!!


5. According to
News of the Weird, a jury in Weld County, Colo., declined to hold Kathleen Ensz accountable for leaving a flier containing her dog's droppings on the doorstep of U.S. Rep. Marilyn Musgrave, apparently agreeing with Ensz that she was merely exercising free speech. What do you think? Is doggy doo-doo protected by the First Amendment?
Well. What does the dog who gave the droppings think about all this? I mean -- was it with the dog's permission??? Seriously? I think that everyone concerned (the poo-pooed and the pooed-upon) need to take a chill pill. And apologize for being, um, poops. At the very least, it was bad manners. At least she didn't set it on fire like some people have done on folk's doorsteps back in their misspent youth... not that I would know or anything
... (and wouldn't YOU love a dog poop IluvU? The things a dog'll do... do...)


And now, folks, I need to get cracking and pack my bags... I'm off to Germany and Austria for two weeks. Total vacation... even if I do have to finish a paper in three days once I'm back!!!

If I have a place to connect to Net, I'll try to pop in with a picture or two. I'll lift a brew in your honor...

Deb

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good play & safe travels!!

Sally said...

excellent play Deb-and I suspect you are not really a Ron- but do understand the Moaning Myrtle when papers are due in!!!

Mary Beth said...

Have a GREAT trip!

Teri said...

heehee....do...do....

excellent plays!

ellbee said...

Thanks for a laff-filled play!
Safe travels :)

Diane M. Roth said...

I love your play and your pictures. I feel a little like Ron too, though don't know him well (only read first 3 of the books).

Lori said...

Great list(s) both. Have the best time ever on your holiday!!! I'll clink virtual steins in your honor as well!

Iris said...

Have a good trip!

Magdalene6127 said...

Oooohhh I love the idea of Hermione getting Malfoy... but I have to admit I hope the ending of the last book shocked him into understanding what he's signed on for, and having a change of heart.

Well played!

Mags