Saturday, July 14, 2007

Packing... packing...

The new TSA regs make life interesting when one is traveling overseas for two weeks... Determining is a "gel-like consistency" and what is not has made for a fun rearrangement of my toiletries bag. Plus I heard from a friend who travelled Spain and back that they do not like "geezer boxes" of meds (my usual method of packing my meds because it is space-effecient!) She apparently did this and she got the, uh, "Spanish Inquisition" (and NOooobdy expects the Spanish Inquisition!) SO... I will take individual bottles and pillboxes and "geezer them up" when I arrive.

I have tolerated having a pat-down and getting the "special interviews" going and coming through Customs. I understand the reason for turning on and hand-checking all electronic devices. I even accepted that I would have to take off my shoes. But I feel a bit exposed having ALL the supplements and meds labeled for the world to read as I re-pack them.

In the grand scheme of things... it's nada...

See you in a few weeks, friends... don't feel too sorry for me!

Deb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A word from the trenches: peanut butter has a gel-like consistency. Don't accidentally leave a jar in your carry-on, or it will be confiscated! Of course, you're probably not packing back-up food for picky young eaters, but just in case you were wondering... :^)

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Have a good time! Do NOT wear bib overalls....the search is not fun. Don't ask me how I know....