Friday, July 06, 2007

Happy Feat

SOooo... after much anticipation, the guests arrived. Presents, giggles and happy-hyperness everywhere. After the BBQ, we had the main event of the evening. Creating custom flip flops.

BEFORE...

bargain flip flops..
a rainbow of nail polish...
toe rings...
toe bling...
markers...
stick-on stuff...


DURING...

Chick on a stick, hot dogs, chips, dip, fruit, chocolate cake...

(a close up of part of the birthday girl's creation!)

AFTER...

8 (hyper happy) girls...
2 (tired happy) parents...


PRICELESS!


There was plenty of advice on how to complete my work of art. Do note the bling on my flip flops. (I had toe rings on later... but not for this picture!) I also learned how to "polka dot" my toenail polish with a toothpick dipped in nail polish! According to the girls, I am officially a crazy mom ...but you probably already knew that!

And yes, it was fun. But I couldn't do it for a living.
Deb

8 comments:

Terri said...

Fun, fun, fun, girl fun of the best kind! Love the toenails and flipflops!

Theresa Coleman said...

Beautiful feet.
Happy feet.
=o)

DC said...

I was always told though to never call crazy people 'crazy'...something bad might happen :P

Sally said...

love those toe nails!

Diane M. Roth said...

that looks so fun!!!

Cathy said...

loved the flip slops decorating and I also learned something new - how to polka dot toes! What fun! WHEEEEEE

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

What pretty feet all a blinging!!

Anonymous said...

Nice polka dots, and what a great fun and creative party!

While in Costa Rica, 2 of our group went for a pedicure and 'nail job'. Apparently in that country nobody does just one color - instead, you end up with stripes, flowers or other decorations, etc. I never would have thought of that! They had very pretty nails when they returned.