Sunday, July 01, 2007

A night at the Opera...

NOoooo.... not THAT one

We went to see The Phantom of the Opera at the Kennedy Center Friday night. Such fun! And even though it was not cheap in the "nosebleed seats" it was still worth it. It was a four-way birthday celebration since we managed to compress our birthdays into two months of the year, June and July!

Our lovely daughters! At left, Reedy Girl and the Harpist pose on the terrace of the Kennedy Center. Our couture was approved and coordinated by Reedy Girl. The Harpist is in a new ensemble she wanted for her birthday. Even Beloved Bearded Spouse and I cleaned up pretty well for this auspicious occasion!


"Masquerade! Paper faces on parade . . ."

I couldn't resist getting them to pose when we saw these masks at the gift shop! (No, we didn't buy them...)

It was truly a magical night. Even if we did drive into Northern Virginia because we missed a turn and ended up on the Roosevelt Bridge... (ooops! that was our turn!) ...did a U-turn to cross back over the bridge again, made another U-turn to go the right direction on New Hampshire Avenue, and then made an illegal left turn to finally find the Kennedy Center parking garages.

Ah well. It was worth every pretty penny!

Deb

5 comments:

DebD said...

Funny you should mention missing your turn. Hubby and I w/ oldest dd and boyfriend went to Wolf Trap last week. I was reminded of the time you and I went and we were talking so much we kept missing the turn. How many times did we pass it 2, 3 times? LOL. I was a fond memory.

Happy birthday and many years to all!

Terri said...

I love NYC. What a great way to spend your birthdays! There must be a great metaphor for life in that missed turn and all the turn arounds. hee hee...alls well that ends well?

Deb said...

It was fun - but we were in DC, not NYC. ::shudders:: I would NOT drive into NYC!!!

d

Sarah said...

Hurry for musical theater! :) And I do highly recommend NYC for the fam sometime...you can always take the train.

Deb said...

Eh. I lived outside of NYC for about 7 years. And (while I have some great memories there...) I never looked back. I did the cheap Broadway seats thing. The 4th of July thing. The tree lighting thing. The New Years Eve thing.

Eh. Not my cuppa.

d