Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Advent Musing

[photo snagged from the web]
The light shines in the darkness,
but the darkness has not understood it.

John 1:5

Last weekend my husband and I saw the brightest moon of the year, in fact, in the last 15 years. It was stunning. Sunday morning as I was rushing to get out of the house on time for pre-service set up and tasks, I stopped to look at it again. Shining. Gleaming in the stillness.

I don't do well with the light-deprived days this time of year. The darkness pulls at me, drags down my spirits. I fight to keep perspective, to throw condemning doubts back into the pit that they came from, remembering Whose I am. I get frustrated and discouraged. And there's the huge temptation to pack it in and go sell shoes at DSW or something.

How very like the Master Planetarium Designer... to send a bright moon into the very darkest, shortest days of the year. To remind me just to keep... reflecting the Light...

Deb


No comments: