Thursday, December 04, 2008

Advent reflections continue...


around the bend
beyond the curve and out of sight
the spring bubbles up
moves through the underbrush
and seeps underground...
always going deeper, deeper,
closer to the stream, to the river to the sea.

only when I stop to look
to watch
to trace a stream's path
do I see the obstacles it overcomes
the relentless distractions of the closest low places
the pools of contentment
that dry up since they are not connected
to the Source.

I may not understand
when God moves me deeper
into obstacles and low places
and journey on out of sight
but I never want to be cut off
from the fresh Springs of joy
that always seek to energize my travels
down to the stream, the river, the sea...
to be poured out
on empty lives.

Deb Vaughn
Dec. 08

See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up;
do you not perceive it?

I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland.

Isaiah 43:19

6 comments:

Lisa Laree said...

That's good, Deb.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I like that.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

YOU WON!! YOU WON!! RUN OVER THERE AND SEE!!!

QuakerPastor said...

Hey Deb, Could I possibly use this in worship on Sunday? I will credit you and such. I'm thinking either in my message and/or on the back of our worship bulletin.
Thanks,
Regina aka Quaker Pastor

Deb said...

Hey QP - the answer is sure, if it works, feel free. I have the photo in a larger file size (would project and/or print better) just let me know...

d

QuakerPastor said...

Thanks Deb...We're pretty low tech, so if I use the picture--what is on the blog should work.
The words of the poem are really calling to me --and I hope folks in my meeting.
--I--O
QP