Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Five: Take me or leave me



Songbird from RevGals writes:

Although written by a young man, this song from "Rent" became an anthem for women of a certain age ready to be taken on their own terms. Maureen and Joanne love each other, but they are *very* different.

Whether it's new friends or new loves or new employers, what are five things people should know about you?
1. I love my kids and my husband and my large extended family. You mess with them, you mess with me. The mama bear don't take kindly to people who don't respect my fambly.

2. I love music. All kinds. Classical. Rock. Christian. Chants. Celtic. (hmmmm... that's a lot of C's!) I love to play my piano and sing. I love to noodle around on my flute. I don't love loud for loudness sake, or wobbly virtuoso for snobbery's sake. And I really don't like singers who don't know how to sing, but think they do. (And that's all I'll say about that!)

3. I love people. But, I sometimes get in too deep and lose perspective on how to love them and help them the best because...

4. I feel things very deeply. VERY deeply. I stuff my feelings and my tears a lot. When they let loose, it's like a fire hose. Tissues at the ready...

5. I like to have fun and laugh. But I don't like to have a laugh at someone else's expense.

And that would be pretty much "me" !

Deb


1 comment:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

That is a wonderful list. Especially #4. That makes you who you are. Just take care of yourself when it happens.