Monday, September 22, 2008

An Instrument...

Thought that this would bring a pleasant counterpoint to the political snarky stuff I just posted. The cry of my heart is to be an instrument of God's peace...

The music is from Karl Jenkin's "The Armed Man (A Mass For Peace)" and the actual selection is titled "Benedictus."

For my friends from church... NO - It's not rock. I wouldn't expect it to be picked for a Sunday video.

It's not truly "classical" music, in fact, Jenkins gets a lot of flack for being schmaltzy. So be it. Despite all of the criticism, it sings to the heart. I know several people who need to be surrounded by "instruments of peace."

Someday it could be you. Or me. So I guess this is more a pastoral plea for those of us who HAVE Peace living in us -- to express it. That's all...

I don't remember who tipped me off to this... but I thank you.
It restores my soul...






Dona nobis pacem...


Deb

No comments: