Tuesday, September 02, 2008

My Fall Renewal Plans

I need some change of mind and direction this fall. It first came to me as I stood and watched the seagulls at the beach... And so I have two main goals for the fall:

1) Read the Book of Mark through in one sitting once each week between now and Thanksgiving and try to blog it. Care to join me? I'll be trying to blog about it every Saturday! I'll post more details on this later.

2) Prayerfully plan a "buy nothing" Christmas - and get my family to buy in on it (no pun intended!)

I have a stack of books, and I may be reading them. And then again, I may not. I need a influx of peace and hope and focus... and press on to the Calling I have in Christ Jesus.

Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, whom we acknowledge as our apostle and high priest. [Hebrews 3:1 TNIV]

As my Southern sisters say, "I'm fixin to do it!"

Deb

No comments: